27th Apr 2022
The Human Capital Initiative or HCI Pillar 1 scheme is a government initiative, run by the Higher Education Authority. Courses are open to graduates, those returning to education, professionals and unemployed candidates.
All courses are free for people who are unemployed and people who have taken time out of work or education to raise their families or care for loved ones. For those in employment, 90% of the cost of a HCI Pillar 1 course is funded.
Dr. Vivienne Patterson, Head of Skills and Engagement at the Higher Education Authority, as said of this scheme: “As we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic, there are a number of areas within the economy that have an immediate skills shortage. HCI Pillar 1 courses aim to address these by upskilling and reskilling people in areas that industry have identified as a priority. These courses are an excellent opportunity for people who may be considering a change in career, or returning to the workforce, to upskill in an area that has future job prosperity – such as ICT, data analytics, and technology”.
These Higher Diploma Graduate Conversion Programmes, which will commence in September 2022, have a distinct industry focus and have been informed by the College’s strategic partnership with Microsoft Ireland, who have a partner network of over 1000 companies across the country.
For those who already hold a degree and a competence in IT the level 8 Higher Diploma in Data Analytics for Business (view full course info here) will allow graduates convert to this area and to obtain knowledge and skills needed to implement data analysis in businesses undergoing digital transformation.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Another graduate conversion Higher Diploma programme is the level 8 Higher Diploma in Artificial Intelligence Applications (view full course info here). This programme gives graduates in IT or areas related to technology the opportunity to upskill or reskill for careers that require knowledge in the different types of accepted AI and its underlying implementation.
Key Features of Springboard+ and HCI Funded Courses at CCT College Dublin
- These programmes will be delivered in partnership with Microsoft using CCT and Microsoft expert tutors, drawn from academia and industry.
- Skills based course provision using innovative practical industry aligned integrated assessment. Level 8 programmes are Graduate Conversion Programmes, available on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Flexible evening and weekend delivery.
- All funded programmes at CCT College Dublin are validated by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
- Programmes are 90% funded by Springboard+ and the Human Capital Initiative (HCI) for those in employment and recent graduates or 100% funded for those who are currently unemployed or returning to the workplace (subject to eligibility).
Application for Funded Courses at CCT College Dublin
Application is now open and should be made via the links below on the Springboard+ courses website. . Full eligibility for Springboard+ and Human Capital Initiative (HCI) funding can be found here.
If you would benefit from these courses and funding and have any questions on them please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the Admissions team with questions online here, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via the live chat function on our website.