Diploma in Cyber Security Fundamentals Course Overview
Through this course in Cyber Security Fundamentals participants will gain an understanding of the threats and vulnerabilities of modern computer systems and networks and gain knowledge in the protection of information systems as safeguarding digital data is a key priority for all modern enterprises.
The course will give those interested in or responsible for the organization’s digital security as well as business owners a knowledge of cybersecurity which will help enable them to operate successfully in a digital world.
The Diploma in Cyber Security Fundamentals is delivered live online. The Summer Intensive Bootcamp is delivered online 2 evenings per week (6.30-9.30pm) over 4 weeks plus one 5-hour Saturday session. The Autumn and Spring intakes are delivered online over 11 weeks, 1 evening per week.
CCT College Dublin Professional Certification confirms the successful completion of the Diploma in Cyber Security Fundamentals. Professional Certification supports career advancement through verification of upskilling. This programme does not lead to an award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
Modern computing environments are particularly susceptible to the adverse threats of computer security issues. The aim of this programme is to educate learners an on these issues by providing them with an understanding of the threats and vulnerabilities of modern computer systems and networks.
On successful completion of the programme participants should:
• Understand the legal, ethical, economic, and social implications of network security
• Utilise appropriate monitoring strategies and tools to identify, classify and document security breaches
• Identify, compare, and contrast available software to select and configure appropriate software to protect a given network.
• Critically appraise a current network security strategy with the aim of developing a suitable strategy to maintain and update network security.
- Cyber Security concepts
- Security Architecture Principals
- Security of Networks, Systems, Applications and Data
- Analysing the network
- Information, monitoring and detection
- Incident response
- Using Cyber Security Tools and Technologies
Assessment for this course will be in a quiz format, and will be presented at the end of each session. Each quiz is designed to help the learner review and evaluate topics that were presented during the session.
Cyber Security is one of the fastest growing sectors in IT. This programme will provide a foundation into the area of Cyber Security and will also provide the basis for further study in a wide range of areas within Computing and Information Technology.