NCC Education Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) in Strategic Business IT leading to the University of Hertfordshire MSc in Strategic Business Information Systems
|Awarding Body||NCC Education|
|Schedule||2 evenings per week, 6.00pm – 9.00pm|
|Fees||€4,500 for whole course|
|Duration||1 academic year for the PgD – 2 semesters|
|Next Commencement Date||September / February|
|Learning Mode||Part Time|
The NCC Education Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Business IT leading to the University of Hertfordshire MSc in Strategic Business Information Systems is a full-time programme aimed at candidates from an Information Technology (IT) background. The course provides a thorough knowledge of IT in business and will prepare the individual with the necessary academic skills and credits for the eventual continuation to a Master of Science (MSc) degree. There is a strong IT theme running throughout the course and an opportunity to build on existing technical competencies to an advanced level.
Programme Aims and Objectives
The learning outcome of the course is to equip the candidates with the necessary abilities to analyse the complex and interacting issues of a real world domain, to identify and be capable of analysing alternative approaches to address these issues and to select the most appropriate approach on the basis of experience and disciplined thought.
The specific objectives of this programme are to significantly facilitate students to:
- Apply knowledge and skills in contributing to the strategic business & ICT management of an organisation.
- Demonstrate cross-functional abilities in the IT management of a business or significant project.
- Demonstrate development of a range of transferable skills.
- Plan the continual personal development and learning necessary for their future careers and reflect on their classroom and work based learning experiences.
- Respond to changing workplace environments.
- Relate theoretical knowledge directly into the workplace confidently, together with valuing a practical blend of taking initiative and thinking laterally.
- Apply learning and research skills to produce a dissertation / research Project.
Route 1 (Academic)
- UK bachelor’s degree with honours (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject.
- IT graduates who hold a bachelor’s ordinary or pass-level degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related subject with exceptionally high marks may be considered for admission, at the discretion of NCC Education.
Route 2 (Conversion)
- UK bachelor’s degree with honours in a non-IT-related subject (or equivalent) AND
- Three years’ work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility.
- Route 3 (Vocational)
- Five years’ work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility AND
- The ability to demonstrate suitability for academic study, via personal or telephone interview with the Course Co-ordinator at the student’s Accredited Partner Centre.
Students whose first language is not English will need an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, as outlined in the NCC Education English Requirements for Postgraduate Entry document. To view this document, please visit the PgD SBIT programme page on the NCC Education website at www.nccedu.com.
Stage 1 – Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Business Information Technology (awarded by NCC Education)
Research in Information Technology 30 Credits
Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure 30 Credits
Strategic Information Systems Analysis 30 Credits
Project Management 30 Credits
Stage 2 – MSc in Strategic Business Information Systems (awarded by the University of Hertfordshire, UK)
Two modules facilitated online by university lecturers
Detailed module descriptions available upon request by directly contacting the college.
CCT will utilise a variety of assessment methods to help ensure that the learning outcomes of each subject will be achieved, for example: Written Examination compiled of long or short term essays, Objective Tests, Presentations, Group Projects, Practical Assignments, Oral Examinations and so on. Assessment will be continuous throughout each module, with final examinations administered in most of the modules. The examinations and assignments will be internally moderated and verified by CCT faculty, and externally authenticated and examined by NCC Education in the UK. NCC Education are the awarding body for this programme.
Level on NFQ
This programme is awarded at Level 6 on the UK National Framework of Qualifications.
Career and Academic Progression and Opportunities
This programme can lead to excellent career progression and opportunities within the areas of Business Management, Project Management, Strategic Management for IT Professionals, and Network Management. This programme also leads directly to the University of Hertfordshire Masters of Science in Strategic Business Information Systems.