|Awarding Body||CCT Certificate & PMI CAPM Certificate|
|Schedule||1 evening per week, 6.00pm – 9.00pm|
|Fees||€890 including PMI exam fees|
|Duration||16 weeks – 48 lecture contact hours|
|Next Commencement Date||August / February|
|Learning Mode||Part time with some online support|
Programme Overview and Audience
The Certificate in Project Management programme is designed to offer candidates a comprehensive guide to project management and also to prepare candidates for the PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) examination. This certificate is a valuable entry-level qualification for project practitioners. Designed for those with less project experience, the CAPM demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management. CCT also provide a CCT certificate for candidates who successfully complete the programme.
Programme Aims and Objectives
At the end of the programme candidates will:
- Be able to understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge concepts, including the nine
- knowledge areas and five process groups.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to make an effective project manager with a focus on communication, leadership, motivation, negotiation and team building skills.
- Be able to apply methods, tools and techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects and for managing risk.
- Have a thorough understanding of PMI’s (Project Management Institute) approach to project management.
- PMBOK – The fundamentals of project management:The body of knowledge is a document set out by the Project Management Institute which describes the range of knowledge required by project managers.
- Project framework:Here participants will gain an understanding of the framework for managing projects.
- Project management processes:You will learn the essential stages involved in managing a project from commencement to conclusion of the project.
- Integration management for PMs:The project manager must integrate the project and keep the project within the parameters of the organisation.
- Managing the scope of the project:Scope is a key element of project planning and here you will learn the key concepts
- Time management:Completing projects on time and within specific boundaries is a important criteria for the successful project managers. Here you will be exposed to the techniques of time management to conclude projects on schedule.
- Budget and cost management:Completion of projects on time and within budget is the mark of the PM professional. This cost element is covered in a comprehensive but practical manner. Budget setting, management overruns and corrective action are covered in this section.
- Project quality management.
- Managing the human resource:Managing the people element of projects and team working are developed in this section. You will learn how to develop effective project teams and how to determine key roles and appropriate responsibilities.
- Communications:Communications are the life blood of projects. Here you will learn the skills and techniques for keeping all stakeholders and team members informed using the many mediums available to project managers. Both formal and informal communications are covered.
- Risk Analysis and management:Risk analysis is a requirement for every project. In this section you will be given a toolkit for analysing and managing risk.
- Managing Procurement: Outlining a system, and template for procurement management.
This course prepares candidates for the online PMI (Project Management Institute) Certified Associate in Project Management examination.
Career Progression Opportunities and Further Study Options
Whether you’re new to project management, changing careers, or already serving as a subject matter expert on project teams, the CAPM qualification can get your career on the right path or take it to the next level.