The Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration has been designed as a specialist programme offering a strong, sector related emphasis on competence and practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding. This full-time programme is ideal for any learner with an interest and motivation to embark on a business, management, accounting career. Students will build upon their introduction to business and management functions to develop a range of skills, including analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary in the modern business environment. No pre-requisite knowledge of business is required to commence this course, but previous knowledge, skills or competence in the area would be advantageous.
The qualification provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required to successfully compete in the business arena and has been developed to focus on:
- Providing education and training for a range of careers in business;
- Providing a general qualification which allows flexibility of study to meet local or specialist needs;
- Specialist training to meet the needs of the major functions of business and allows specialisation with career progression to industry or further study;
- Provides opportunities to allow learners to focus on the development of higher-level skills in a business context;
- Provides opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life;
- Developing analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary to successfully compete in the modern business environment.
The overall aim of this programme, which leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, is to develop a range of skills, including analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary in the modern business environment. It is envisioned that graduates will be able to fulfil a wide range of entry-level to middle-level supervisory/management roles within the industry, and /or engage in further study in a wide range of areas within business at level 8/9 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
The entry requirements for the Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration allow for multiple entry points with a variety of qualifications and experience. The minimum entry requirements are:
- Applicants who are under 23 years of age on the 1stJanuary of the year of entry onto the progamme should have one of the following:
- 5 Passes at Ordinary Level in the Irish Leaving Certificate one of which should be maths; or equivalent;
- FETAC Level 5 Major Award in a Business related discipline.
- Applicants who are 23 years of age on the 1st of January of the year of entry onto the programme will be deemed to be mature applicants and will be eligible based on their relative work and life experiences. Any application based on work experience merit, would have to be supported by reference documentation;
- Applicants who hold a Level 6 Higher Certificate in Business (HETAC), a Higher National Diploma in Business (Edexcel), or equivalent, may be eligible for Direct Entry to 2nd or 3rd year. All applicants should contact the Admissions office.
Where the applicant’s medium of instruction (at a tertiary level) was not English, the applicant must have obtained:
- a score of 500 or better on the TOEFL written, or equivalent scores on the TOEFL CBT, or IBT test; or
- a score of 5.5 or better on the IELTS; or
- a credit or better in English in the GCE “O” or “A” levels or equivalent.
If the applicant has been residing in Ireland for a number of years, and they do not have an internationally recognised English Language proficiency exam result, CCT can conduct an English Language Competency based interview which includes a 2 hour University of Cambridge English Language proficiency formal examination.
The following modules are taken over a 3 year period. To be awarded the qualification of Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, the learner needs to successfully complete 360 credits in total.
|Year 1 Semester 1|
|Human Resources Management||15|
|Small Business Enterprise||15|
|Year 1 Semester 2|
|Managing Financial Resources and Decisions||15|
|Organisations and Behaviour||15|
|Personal and Professional Development||15|
|The Legal System||15|
|Year 2 Semester 1|
|Working with and Leading People||15|
|Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business||15|
|Project Management for Business||15|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting||15|
|Year 2 Semester 2|
|Business Decision Making||15|
|Year 3 Semester 1|
|Leadership and Organisations||15|
|Contemporary Issues in Business and Management||15|
|International Human Resource Management||15|
|Year 3 Semester 2|
|Business Strategy 2||15|
|Business and Commercial Awareness||15|
|Global Marketing, Ethics and Culture||15|
|Issues in the Global Economy||15|
Detailed module descriptions available upon request by directly contacting the college.
Accreditation & Other Awards related to the programme
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) is listed on the Internationalisation Register of approved colleges and courses, hosted by the Irish Department of Education. This course is awarded by the University of Hertfordshire.
Three academic years full-time
Please contact the college directly to ascertain the course fees. Medical insurance for Non-EU nationals is compulsory and as part of the Irish Student Visa requirements and can be arranged by CCT for an additional fee of EUR100 for 12 months.