CCT wants to make all of its courses as affordable and accessible as possible. All programme prices have been reduced within the last 3 years, in line with the downturn in the global economy. Please contact the college directly for course fees information.
The following are some additional funding and scholarship schemes currently operated by CCT:
1. Early Booking Discounts
Avail of an Early Booking Discount by enrolling on your programme up to 6 weeks prior to course commencement. This option affords significant savings on the actual course fees for applicants who are in a position to book early onto their course of interest and can also complete full payment of their course fees prior to the start date of the course.
2. Installment Payment Facility
Any applicant’s who may be experiencing difficulties in sourcing full funding for a course prior to commencement, an installment plan can be discussed with the College Admissions Personnel. This plan requires an applicant to pay a minimum of €1,000 or 50% of the course fee, whichever is the larger prior, to the commencement of the course. The balance outstanding is then payable upon course commencement.
3. Back to Education Allowance Scheme
CCT is recognised by the Department of Social Protection as meeting the criteria for students who are seeking the Back to Education Allowance. Please click here for further details on this scheme.
4. Company Discount Plan
The College of Computer Training (CCT) is partnered with all Information Technology companies in Ireland, to provide a 5% company discount to employees, for any CCT programmes. To qualify for this discount option, you must prove that you are an employee of a company missioned to the Computing and Information Communications Technology industry of Ireland.
5. FAS and SOLAS Funding
The Irish government have established and mandated training and development agencies like FAS in the past, and the new SOLAS organisation, with up-skilling, training and developing unemployed persons in Ireland. CCT is a well established provider of programmes related to this national funding, and is recognised for provision of programmes aligned to this funding.
6. CCT Scholarships
On an annual basis, CCT releases details about the College Scholarship Scheme for Irish School Leavers, whereby, students interested in enrolling in a higher education and training programme at CCT, can avail of a full year 1 scholarship fees exemption. Prospective applicants, must fulfil the following application criteria:
- You must apply for CCT on the CAO Application Form
- You must send in a letter of application for the CCT Scholarship Scheme for Irish School Leavers competition, along with a one page essay detailing your reasons and motivation behind your desire to embark on a career in Computing and IT
- Further details on any IT / Computing projects you may have completed so far
CCT encourages prospective applicants to be as innovative and creative as they possibly can with their essay and/or project, in the application.
The College of Computer Training (CCT) also provides 3 General Student Scholarships, up to a value of EUR1,000 per scholarship awarded, to 3 lucky candidates, who satisfy the following criteria:
- The scholarship will be awarded to candidates who successful complete an in-house interview. This semi-structured interview will deal with all aspects of a client’s application including prior academic success, career plans and commitment to education.
- Students can apply for this scholarship by simply making it known to the college, on the application form, that they wish to be considered for this partial General Student Scholarship.